ERT RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ERT RPG

The home of the Emergency Response Team, the online text roleplaying game

Check out our site at ertrpg.net
We have moved to ertrpg.net
The move to IP.Board is HERE! The official move begins at approx 1930h GMT 25102011

+5
Jack Anders
T. Matthews
E. Babcock
J.Floan
DCBurke
9 posters

CDC Fire Alarm

DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

CDC Fire Alarm Empty CDC Fire Alarm

Post by DCBurke Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:17 pm

DUE
    RA-1
    Squad 1
    Pumper 11

Advise if L1 needed (will be available monday)
    J.Floan
    J.Floan
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

CDC Fire Alarm Empty Re: CDC Fire Alarm

Post by J.Floan Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:26 pm

' Ok Casey when the rest of the Crew gets in we are clear to move out. '

* I take my headset off after he nods his head in aknowledgement and I put my nomex on, I slip it around my neck but dont fully put it up over my head, My cover still is locked in place to the left above my head and I keep it there. I put my headset back on and see the rest of the crew get in and saddle up. *

' Ok casey when ur ready sir Lets move out. '

" COPA.....Pump-11 Responding "
    E. Babcock
    E. Babcock

Post by E. Babcock Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:38 pm

*Putting my Nomex hood over my head, and slipping my arms through my harness for my SCBA, I take a deep breath, trying to slow my pulse. I do all my straps and buckles up tight on my SCBA, and put my helmet on.*

'Hey, Lieu, is this a common box? What kind of occupancy do we have here,' I ask, still feeling surges of adrenaline.
    J.Floan
    J.Floan
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Floan Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:41 pm

' Yea it has become more common than I would like, not the biggest fan of the big ones but still no smoke, No fire reported just heat this shouldnt be too bad. Occupants, dont know yet we'll get an assessment when we arrive from the front desk security. '

* Casey Honks twice then pulls out into traffic *
    E. Babcock
    E. Babcock

Post by E. Babcock Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:46 pm

(I gotta be deployed to Goderich, Ontario for disaster relief in the morning, I'll be back wednesday afternoon, I've given Lt Floan permission to god mod me. Sorry about the horrible timing Sad good luck all! See you shortly!)
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:47 pm

* i drop my pizza onto my plate when the tones drop*

' youve got to be kidding me'

* i walk out into the bays and grab the print out and throw it on the dash board and step into my bunkers and jacket and leave my jacket un buttoned as i step into the rig and sit relaxed as i see the eli throwing all of his gear on in a rush for his first call*

* 'he'll learn' i think to myself*
    J.Floan
    J.Floan
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Floan Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:52 pm

* As we bob and weave through traffic I start working the EAT for information. *

' Ok guys here's how its gonna go, Tim your in with Jack and Van Der Water. When we get to the 5th floor your team and Mine will go seperate ways and figure this out. make sure your guys have a high rise kit, breaching tools and possibly an ALS bag. Im gonna take Brondum, Colwell and the Probie. Just keep me posted on status updates but other than that you know what to do. Jack make sur eu got ur ALS bag just in case, Remember u guys there is no fire and No smoke, This could literally be just a heat sensor malfunction but just in case make sure ur air is full. '

* I sit back and wait for the additional units to call responding. *
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:12 pm

' sounds good floan'

* i take my scba straps and put them over my shoulders but dont tighten them and grab the thermal imaging camera from the center consoul along with a flashlight and radio and drop them in my pockets as we head up*

' alright jack, i want you to take your als bag , casey your taking the high rise pack and i will grab an iron set and we'll meet in the lobby, we'll check or have floan check exactly where the detector is and take the stairs up to the fifth floor...floan wanna give the squad the command post in the lobby that way we can handle our stuff up there?'
    Jack Anders
    Jack Anders
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Jack Anders Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:55 pm

'Gotcha Tim.'

*I get out and open the compartment closest to me and grab the ALS bag. I throw it over my shoulder and fall in behind Tim as we walk toward the buildiing. I can see the crown of people only somewhat move out of the way for us. I can also hear the alarms going off in the building. I look up, dang, thats a long way up I think to myself.
    A. Botfish
    A. Botfish
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by A. Botfish Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:27 am

*I jump in the back of the RA as we pull out and check all the gear*

'GO Cory!'
    J.Floan
    J.Floan
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Floan Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:14 am

* As the Engine pulls up I can see a large amount of people gathered on the grass outside. They Seem Mixed up about what is Happening bu tall are organized. I think back for a second to my elementary school days of a fire drill when Everybody cam eout ina nice singlefile line... I shake my head and laugh. I Unsnap my cover and put it on the dash, Casey brings the Engine to a stop just outside the front entrance. *

" COPA.....Pump-11 On Scene assuming command. We have a large structure here with nothing showing we will investigate. Squad 1 when you come in, set yourself up just behind us and enter the building. Meet us on the 5th but make sure you have your TIC's, RA-1 When you come in set yourselves up on the grass outside and start checking the people that came out. COPA Pump-11 at this time will set up CDC Command, Will advise further on situation. "

* I grab my cover, open the door and climb out. The SCBA immediatly feels like a ton and it takes me a second to adjust myself to the weight but It quickly comes back to me. I walk over to Panel 5 and grab a Halligan then wait for the rest of my crew to get ready. *
    H.Stanley
    H.Stanley

Post by H.Stanley Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:26 am

" Squad 1 Copies Pump-11. "

* As we get close I kill the Siren and pull into the complex. I pull up behind the Pumper and step out. I walk around to a compartment and grab an SCBA. I put it onand strap myself up in time to see the Pumper assembling outside. I quickly get a TIC and jog over to them to head on in. *

' Lt. Can i go in with you guys?. '
    J.Floan
    J.Floan
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Floan Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:51 am

' Yea absolutly Stanley you can head up with me. '

* The rest of my men assemble and we all start walking in. *

" COPA....Be advised we are starting internal operations +8 Men. "

* We start walking in to the structure and come upon the front desk *

' Hold up guys lets talkto the Security guard first. '

Me: How u doing....Where is it.

Security: I dont know the Alarm is going off on 5 but all the doors have been opened and we havent found anything.

Me: Are all the people evacuated from the 5th and above?

Security: As far as I know yes. We are still waiting on the accountability reports from each office on the floors.

Me: Ok let me know once you get them.

' Alright time go ahead and take your men up the stairs since you wanted that crap lolol. im gonna take my guys up the elevator. '

* I laugh at Tim's enthusiasm and start walking with Nick, John, Eli and Hank to the Elevator. Once we get in I push the 5th floor button, the doors close and we head up. *
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:55 am

( you never take an elevator if the "fire floor" is 5 floors or below!!!!!!!FLOAN!!!!!! haha)

' alright guys, lets go..jack make sure you have an aed, i might need it after these stairs haha'

* i start to lead my guys up the stairs, floor by floor*

* i think to myslef ' crap!! we never looked what detector was going off, and how is the securiity guard gonna contact us if he doesnt have a fire radio?'*

" matthews to squad 1, can you leave someone with the security guard to relay information?, also can you find on the alarm panel what detector is going off"
    J.Floan
    J.Floan
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Floan Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:40 am

( Technicalities my friend I have taken the Elevator IRL MANY times. and its not a Fire alarm its a Heat sensor Hence why there is a Heat Sensor alarm going off. UH OH Somebody needs to READ THE POST!!!!!!!! Razz Razz )

" Pump-11 Command to Pump-11 Matthews. the Only squad member is with me taking the ELEVATOR up to check the HEAT SENSOR. Dont worry by the time u boys are up the stairs we are gonna be having a Pepsi and resetting the alarm. "

' Ok fo ryou 2 Rookies with me let this be a good lesson to you both, Tim is right in the sense if you ahve a Fire alarm going off then yes u NEVER take the Elevator and i do want to stress NEVER, but this is a Heat Sensor going off which is usually tied to a piece of heavy equipment which is more than likely overheating, so we should be good to go. '

* The Elevator Ascends to the 5th floor, We hear the Elevator go " Ding " and the doors open, I step out and find No smoke of any kind, and no heat rising on the floor. *

' Ok guys lets head to the left. '

" Pump-11 Command to Pump-11 Matthews, the Stairs are at the FAR Right of the structure and the Elevator dropped us off in the Middle there is no smoke and No Fire that we can see, We are Investigating to the left so as soon as you all make it up start checking the rooms we'll meet back inthe middle at the Elevator when the checks are complete. "
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:51 am

( haha i was just messing with ya floan.. i read the post..but every dept is different, my dept says if the fire floor is floor 5 or lower you take the stairs, and if its above floor 5 you can take the elevator 2 floors below the lowest detector going off..and i meant just pretend like there was a squad guy down there, i know stanley is the only one now..but in RL, the security guard probably wouldnt of been able to contact you, so the command post personell or some guy would have to be with him)

" we copy that floan, we're right between 4 and 5 now"

* i open the door for my crew to the fifth floor since i am carrying the least*

' sorry guys, we could of taken the elevator, but i didnt want to risk anything'

' ok guys, floan and crew are down that way, we'll turn up this hallway take it to the end, turn left and head back towards the elevator'

* i turn my tic on and start looking through the walls not seeing a thing*

' anyone smell any smoke? see anything? cuz i dont'
    J.Floan
    J.Floan
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Floan Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:36 am

' Ok guys Turn the TIC on and lets start checking around. Nothing feels hot but u never know and For god sake dont start using ur masks yet, we may need to save the air. '

* I start walking around and checking rooms, I Immediatly notice that ALL the doors have been opened but it still doesnt feel hot at all. *

' Eli, Hook up the High Rise kit to the pipe over there, John go back him up. Nick keep going with the TIC, lets figure this out. u 2 Probies just stick close to me. '

( Ok guys Lets not make this a big thing but we gotta find Something. maybe a Generator or something like that, I dont care anything but make it very small, No need to cause a Huge incident over this. )
    F.Jansen
    F.Jansen
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by F.Jansen Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:39 am

I get out with my SCBA on and see the probie goin' in with the Pumper

'The hell is he doin'? Did he transfer?' I say to Chuck
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:45 am

* as we turn the corner i see a orange glow from a room and can feel a little warmth in the air*

" uhh floan, we got something here, straight up the hallway from the elevator, will advise"

' lets go guys'

* we walk up to the room and i see a window is open and blowing from the room towards the open door to the hallway*

* i see in the corner a garbage can with flmaes shooting up out of it*

' floan from matthews, we have a garbage can on fire in office 112A..we'll be using an extinguisher for it, if you want to start out this way'
    J.Floan
    J.Floan
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Floan Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:02 pm

" Command copies Matthews BREAK Command to COPA... We have a Garbage fire on the 5th Floor. Pump-11 Can handle with Squad 1, RA-1 can clear at their discression. "

' Ok Hank go ahead and head over to Matthews and help him with whatever little overhaul there is, we're gonnahead downstairs. '

" Command to Matthews I wil be heading back downstairs, you have Command of the internal operation. "

( Florian I think you and Chuck are on the Dive team now, Cant do 2 units at once my friend. )

Last edited by J.Floan on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:08 pm

" copy that floan, we have fire spreading up the wall and in close proximity to the wall and some cabinets"

' lets go casey! lets get that high rise pack hooked up, standpipe is right outside the door across the hall'

' jack, leave your bag down the hall a little way and back up casey on the line, ill look for extension, and please guys, dont make this a mess, lets be kind to the rest of the office'

* i grab my irons and start to survey the fire with the tic while i stand in the corner*

* i exit the room and go into the room next door and check the wall to see if the fire has spread at all*

" matthews to hank, go ahead and standby with your line, we should have this under control"

Last edited by T. Matthews on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : WHY CANT WE HAVE A SHORT CALL??? :()
    J.Floan
    J.Floan
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Floan Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:36 pm

* I make my way to the bottom floor using the ELEVATOR and walk to the security guard at the Main entrance. *

Me: Ok we have Located the alarm it was a fire in a trash can but it is starting up the walls a bit, my guys have it covered though. Everybody on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors can return to work. Im gonna suggest that the 4th and above stay away for a little longer until we get it completly out.

Security: no problem I'll let them know...

* I walk out to the Engine with Brondum, Colwell and Babcock. I take my Air pack off of 1 shoulder then throw it on the floor below my seat... I taky my Turnout coat off and put it on my seat while the men who came down with me start to stow their gear as well. *
    F.Jansen
    F.Jansen
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by F.Jansen Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:49 pm

(Floan, dive team isnt open yet, still 2 more field exams, do you see a changed shield? And there'no active training)
    J.Floan
    J.Floan
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Floan Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:58 pm

( You know what Jansen why dont u come on the Chatbox and we'll work this out. Take care im not arguing on a call like this. )
    Jack Anders
    Jack Anders
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Jack Anders Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:05 pm

*I grab an extiguisher and put on my mask and open the extiguisher up and spray the dry chemical at the wast basket. I move the stream up the wall and in 30 seconds it's all over. There is minimal burns to the wall and the paper in the pasket is all singed. I put the extigushier down and start sorting through the garbage.

'Sorry Casey, the extigushier was right outside the door.'
    J.Floan
    J.Floan
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Floan Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:10 pm

* I look arond at the scene pretty much starting to be secured. *

" Command to Squad 1 you can Clear Pump-11 can handle from here. "
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:14 pm

" go ahead and clear hank, we're all set, if you need a guy to help you pack up let me know"

* i walk back into the office that had the burning trash can and see jack with an extinguisher and casey standing behind him with the hose*

' alright guys, start to pack up a little'

* i take the tic and start to look into the walls and find no extension*

" matthews to floan, fire appears to be out, we're packing up, no extension, if you could start the investigators out here"
    J.Floan
    J.Floan
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Floan Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:23 pm

" Command copies Matthews. BREAK Command to COPA....Fire is out Single barrell of trash in a room with a small extension to the walls. Can you contact PFD Investigator to respond here Pump-11 will remain on scene until his arrival for a debrief. At this time im shutting down CDC Command. "

( Damn this call went quick and that is my fault. but it was one of those it was gonna hav to be either big or nothing but still I shouldhave made it go longer. )
    Jack Anders
    Jack Anders
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Jack Anders Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:25 pm

'Hey can you get us a shop vac Tim?'

*I look at the mess the extiguisher made and shrug my shoulders. I open the window allowing some of the smoky smell to leave the room.
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:27 pm

" floan from matthews we're gonna need some overhaul tools up here, shop vac some brooms..we got some water damage, ill be heading down with jack"

' lets go jack, bring your als bag down with you and ill grab the hotel pack from casey'

' casey stay here and dont touch or let anyone move anything in the garbage an area'
    EwanRaven
    EwanRaven
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by EwanRaven Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:47 pm

I hear there is fire and break out a high rise pack from the squad after getting my SCBA on. "Stanley get a set of irons and another pack" I say getting ready to go in.
    A. Botfish
    A. Botfish
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by A. Botfish Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:22 pm

(Holy Cow guys! I didn't even have time to set up)

*as we pull up on scene I hear the radio*

"Are we good to clear?"
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:25 pm

( i honestly dont know why an ambulance was assigned..i guess it depends on the dept..we dont send ambos for automatic alarms....)
    J.Floan
    J.Floan
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Floan Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:26 pm

" Command to Matthews, Is overhaul complete yet? can you handle it with the tools you have now or do u still need those overhaul tools. "

( I made a very false assumption in regards to the Squad and personell. Davis and Jansen I apologize for not including you in the call at all. I thought that the Dive team was up and Operational and you guys werent on the squad anymore. that was my mistake and 1 that will nto be made again. I do not apologize for the comments made towards Jansen however since I feel that he came out with all guns blazing over a simple mis-understanding. But be that as it may I am man enough to recognize when amistake has been made on my part and I will nto repeat it again. )

" Copy that RA-1 you can clear it was a trash fire in a small 10 gallon trashbin. "
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:33 pm

* jack and i get to the pumper and get the shop vac and head back up using the ELEVATOR this time*

* we get back to the fire room and begin to soak up some of the water*

" floan we should be fine, we'll be back down in about 10 minutes"
    A. Botfish
    A. Botfish
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by A. Botfish Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:43 pm

"10-4"

'WOW! That was quick! Take us back now. LOL!'

*We head towards the station*
    Jack Anders
    Jack Anders
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Jack Anders Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:50 pm

*I turn on the vacuum and start to suck up the powder and water left from extiguishing the fire. I can still feel that the floor is a little spongee but have soaked up as much as I can.

'Okay Tim, I am good here are we waiting for the FI?'
    J.Floan
    J.Floan
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Floan Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:52 pm

( Hey guys I apologize for the call going so quick. wont happen again . )
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:37 pm

(RA-1 assigned for this call not because of standard procedure, but because of the location. Any buildings on this road, ie federal ones, are given an ambulance response for all alarms, especially since this is the CDC.. And I haven't given RA-1 any calls lately Razz)
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:59 pm

( haha its fine burke, i wasnt critizing, i just didnt want the RA to feel like we didnt add them in, cuz really there wasnt anything for them)

' alright good job jack, lets pack up the stuff and I and casey can wait up here for him'
    Jack Anders
    Jack Anders
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Jack Anders Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:28 pm

'Okay sounds good, I will send him up here when he gets here'

*I pick up the vac and rags and roll them to the elavator and ride it down. I walk out through the office back to the pumper. I put the stuff next to the truck and go grab a water before taking off my pack.

'well that was a quick one ehh Lt.?"
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:26 pm

" matthews to floan, fire investiagator is on scene at the location, myself and casey are coming bak down"

* i walk over to the elevator as casey walks in and i hit the lobby button and step out once i get down there*

' alright, lets get outta here!'
    J.Floan
    J.Floan
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Floan Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:24 pm

" Pump-11 to COPA......We are clearing scene and heading back to station. Pump-11 Available on radio. "

' Alright guys lets head home. '

* I climb into my seat and relax as Casey puts the Engine in gear and we head back to station. *

( Again, sorry guys for the short call. I will Not let that happen again. )
    H.Stanley
    H.Stanley

Post by H.Stanley Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:51 pm

* I see the Pumper pull away and hear the Command being released for us to clear. I step aboard the Squad into the drivers seat and close the door. I turn it on and turn off the lights. Everybody else crews up and I put it in drive and slowly pull away. *

" Squad 1 is available and returning to the station. "

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:13 am