ERT RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ERT RPG

The home of the Emergency Response Team, the online text roleplaying game

Check out our site at ertrpg.net
We have moved to ertrpg.net
The move to IP.Board is HERE! The official move begins at approx 1930h GMT 25102011

Crash into ocean

DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Crash into ocean Empty Crash into ocean

Post by DCBurke

ERT Call 06092010
    Crash into harbour, dive required

Units or Task Forces on scene:
    Squad 1
    PC-5
    BLS-1
    ALS-1
    Port Authority Marine Unit

Call
    At 2101h a 911 call was placed to ERT by a harbour worker after a vehicle left the road, veered onto the pier and spun off into the ocean. One harbour worker was injured. ERT responded to rescue the person however it was too late and they were declared Dead on scene.

Minor injuries to harbour worker, rescued to ERT Hospital. One deceased from drowning in the car.

Fire
    handled it mostly well. One thing I would like to comment on is the time it took to rescue the person. Because we took so long they died. We have a HRES certified unit, so he could've dived, and got in, since we waited to haul the car out of the water, it took time. From now on I want a diver to just go in and break rescue the driver. The car could've and should've been left for PA to take out afterwards.

Otherwise though, good call. Will Lt. Raven please report to the office of the district commissioner.

-DCBurke
    District Commissioner Burke, COPA Main
    Share this post on: reddit

C. Davis

Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:29 pm by C. Davis

I like Garcia's idea. Do you want me to take dive training?

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:14 am