ERT RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ERT RPG

The home of the Emergency Response Team, the online text roleplaying game

Check out our site at ertrpg.net
We have moved to ertrpg.net
The move to IP.Board is HERE! The official move begins at approx 1930h GMT 25102011

+8
Bruce Beard
T. Matthews
A. O'Reilly
M. Cressler
M. Kaizer
D. Lafferty
J.Libor
DCBurke
12 posters

Standard Unit Functions [Study Guide]

DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Standard Unit Functions [Study Guide] Empty Standard Unit Functions [Study Guide]

Post by DCBurke Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:43 pm

For future reference, standard unit functions:
    Rescue Ambulances: Can be used for transport, however, unless identified as a transport unit by command, should be treated as a rescue unit unless absolutely needed.
    Pumpers: A main offensive fire fighting vehicle
    Ladders: A high level rescue/SAR team and interior attacks
    Squad: An interior SAR team, may also assist with offensive attacks when SAR is complete.
    Rescues: mainly a rescue unit, however may be used as an SAR unit or RIT team if needed.
    Patrol Cars: Standard emergency vehicles assigned for completing emergency calls relating to police, jack-of-all-trades
    Traffic patrol cars: Mainly used in traffic related incidents
    Traffic Auxiliary: Used for mostly special service work.
    K9: Currently, the only K9 is a drug, bomb and defensive dog. To be used on calls with drugs or bombs, not as an attack dog
    RRT: To arrive at TAC calls and establish a scene
    HR1: To follow after RRt has established with needed supplies and additional team members
    Medic units: Primary medical transports
    EDRC: Pediatric emergencies where child is at possible death risk, and mass casualty incidents can be requested as needed.

Any questions to be asked here

Last edited by DCBurke on Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:01 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
    J.Libor
    J.Libor
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Standard Unit Functions [Study Guide] Empty Re: Standard Unit Functions [Study Guide]

Post by J.Libor Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:46 pm

K-9 not an attack dog? Sad
    D. Lafferty
    D. Lafferty
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Standard Unit Functions [Study Guide] Empty Re: Standard Unit Functions [Study Guide]

Post by D. Lafferty Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:00 pm

Can we ever get an attack dog?
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:00 pm

Well you could have either an attack, or a drug/bomb dog. I picked the latter since it'd be a lot more useful.

I'll tell you what. If you guys can recruit me enough to open another vehicle in TAC, I'll get an attack dog Wink
    D. Lafferty
    D. Lafferty
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by D. Lafferty Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:04 pm

Sounds more than fair enough.
    J.Libor
    J.Libor
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Libor Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:52 pm

lol, we used it as an attack dog. Smile
    M. Kaizer
    M. Kaizer
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by M. Kaizer Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:57 am

Would there be some call where the EDRC would be alerted regardless? I mean, we loose a lot of time if they have to alert me after they're on scene. If we set some parameters on which calls I automatically get dispatched, we save time. And if it turns out I'm not needed, I can just head back. I'm not going to swoop in like "SUPER DOC IS HERE TO SAVE THE DAY11!!" and treat all patients before the medics have time to post Razz

Besides, in places where doctors regularly respond to incidents, like here in Norway, Germany, London (HEMS), etc, there are certain calls where the doctor is dispatched regardless. So I think it would be more realistic. Paediatric emergencies, high speed RTAs, etc etc.
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Post by M. Cressler Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:13 am

depends on if were folling more of a European system or american because if were following an american system most place don't even have mobile doctors you just have to rush them to the hospital
    A. O'Reilly
    A. O'Reilly
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by A. O'Reilly Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:08 am

Like Moon said, most places in America don't have mobile doctors, unless they're on a chopper. That's the only place I could think of that I've heard of a doctor being in a 911 transport, not including site-to-site transfers. But since we DO have one here, then we should set parameters.
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:49 pm

not a question..but i think we should follow the fire outline more during fire incidents, cuz sometime it can get confusing when we have the pumper.ladder, squad, and rescue all in a building with hoselines, cuz its unrealistic
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Post by M. Cressler Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:03 pm

yeah i'm with tim on that one and yeah around here we don't even have doctors in choppers they have a nurse and a medic sometimes to nurses.
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:27 pm

ditto^
    M. Kaizer
    M. Kaizer
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by M. Kaizer Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:54 pm

I'm aware that most places in the US do not have physician first responders. I've seen one place where the EMS medical director responds in a POW, and a few places with helicopter doctors.

However my point was that we should have some set parameters for when the EDRC gets called, apart from crew requests of course.
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:37 pm

I didn't include you? Woops *edits*
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Post by M. Cressler Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:26 pm

i have a question and a possible add what about poisoning or snake bites especially ones with unknown types because they can be hard to treat for medics and forlike bites some times they time it takes to get to a hospital is to long
    M. Kaizer
    M. Kaizer
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by M. Kaizer Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:29 am

And might we add:
    - Central chest penetrating injuries. (Possibility of cardiac tamponade)
    - High speed car accidents
    - Car accidents involving children
    - Suicide attempts
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:18 am

- Bites: We aren't totally heavy bite happen
    - High speed car accidents: Usually they fall under mass casualty (MCI is when victims out number ambulances)
    - Car accidents involving children: Calls including children being injured past basic is already included
    - Suicide attempts: Depending on the type, you may respond. Something like attempted drowning, no, something like an overdose on drugs, possibly
    Bruce Beard
    Bruce Beard
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Bruce Beard Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:23 pm

i agree with tim.. around here it is very rare to see a ladder co pulling attack lines unless its a quint (judging by the pics thats what we have) and squads and trucks do basicly the same task because there both special services it just depends who gets on scene first to decide who does what...i cant say about rescues here because a we dong have a squad with hoses we have rescue squads which carry no hose or water and do not have a pump on it, and we have rescue engines that have tools like a rescue squad but they also carry water, have hose and a pump............and in the us the only time well have a doctor on the scence doing major operations is called the go team and thats a doctor and 2 nurses, and a anistesialogist that respond on a helicopter if the PT needs to have an aputaion on the scene... any who thats just my two cents

Last edited by Bruce Beard on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add information)
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Post by M. Cressler Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:35 pm

i've never seen a ladder pull a line around here they've hopped on ours to help but generally there high level rescue or water and the rest just sorta support were needed.
    J.Libor
    J.Libor
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Libor Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:39 pm

Same as beard with doctors. I have never heard of a doctor response vehicle in the US to be honest.
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:34 pm

yea, i was thinking that as a general rule ladder should be doing search and rescues, pumper would be fire attack, rescue would be rit, unless we put them to do work which we may often do so they arnt always just standing there so we may make them pull another line or vent or w/e
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Post by M. Cressler Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:23 pm

yeah thats about how it works around here cause RIT teams have special training and are usually older and better trained
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:01 pm

Interior attack doesn't mean they are pulling lines, it could be that they are up in a hirise with the packs and are battling the fire. That's AFTER SAR is complete though. SAR is primary, since civilians top fire.
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:45 pm

Ya, honestly, Squad 1 forgot the SAR on that museum fire. The ladder found the vic though, and we didn't really recieve orders on what to do, so I just went in for the attack.

Doctors Vehicles: In my town, we do have paramedic cars that run with the ambulance sometimes on calls. But as far as I know, there aren't any actual doctor's cars that run from the hospital.

Ladders: As Burke said, ladders have easier access to upper floors, do they could bring up the highrise packs. Squad should still be primary SAR and medical support and Pumper as main suppression.
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:15 pm

Ladder is more of the jack of all trades on the higher levels kinda thing.

Now a lot of people are concerned with the doctor thingy...
    Here's the deal. A lot of towns have paramedic fly-cars, which carry just that, extra medics. We have ours with a doctor. Why? Because we can. Really why? Because we're funded to be the best of the best. What's better than emergency treatment from an MD on scene also certified to handle para-medicine? Two of MD's certified in on scene treatment, that's why we have two cars. I'd like to have two, but one will suffice until we get more people.

It's kinda one of those things, although not real, makes us better than the regular services. Kinda like the auto pumps. Realistically almost impossible, but it serves the game's purpose, so that's what matters.
    J.Floan
    J.Floan
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Floan Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:46 am

Pumpers / Engines where I am from are primary Suppression and medical units. we staff 2 paramedics on board every ALS engine. Squads where i was working before now were used as USAR mostly and back-up Medical when the Engine company was too busy. ladders obviously were used for Tech Rescue and high rise attack.

The Pumper found that vic in the museum and I think handled it just fine ( obviously since its my unit LOL ) but Chuck you did have orders and they were for suppression. I had been in communication with Raven.

And yea I have never in my life seen a doctor respond to a call unless there is a MCI. Must be a european thing Very Happy
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Post by M. Cressler Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:35 pm

it is europeans take the hospital to the patient we take the patient to the hospital
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:11 pm

Well in ERT, we do both.
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:16 pm

I love the notarzt thing in germany and Europe in general.
    M. Kaizer
    M. Kaizer
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by M. Kaizer Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:51 am

Continental Europe at least. England uses the American system, except for in very rural areas, and HEMS and the BASICS charity.

I like the Dutch system. They don't have paramedics at all. All ambulance personnel are trained nurses, they take a special ambulance course after they graduate. Plus they have doctors, like in Germany. Correct me if I'm wrong Florian Razz
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Post by M. Cressler Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:20 am

when i get my nursing cert i'm gonna try to get on a med-evac helo
    F.Jansen
    F.Jansen
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by F.Jansen Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:27 am

Your're right Micheal, im currently a student nurse, and when I'm done with that I want to do that training, or join my Volunteer FD.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 6:22 pm