ERT RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ERT RPG

The home of the Emergency Response Team, the online text roleplaying game

Check out our site at ertrpg.net
We have moved to ertrpg.net
The move to IP.Board is HERE! The official move begins at approx 1930h GMT 25102011

Possible Attempted Murder by multiple Assailants

DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Possible Attempted Murder by multiple Assailants Empty Possible Attempted Murder by multiple Assailants

Post by DCBurke

17022011Alpha
    Possible Multiple Attempted Homicide

All units respond Code 3.
    ALS-1 standby out four blocks.

Lets see... I'll start with what I thought it'd be. I figured someone would arrive and see the vic getting a beat down of sorts, maybe 6 people there or so.. Then those six would be dispersed, chased down etc while vic got treatment, call ended, simple enough, just lotta suspects, possibility of violence and an injury inflicting by attackers.

How it actually went, PC's arrived and staged out or hung around. TAC arrived on scene, which wasn't requested. Ends up turning into a homicide attempt in closed quarters with a standoff from TAC, and it died..

Lets see where things went wrong, first staging. Never should've happened. I understand I said slow it down till a supervisor arrived, that just meant don't have the call finished before he arrives, not hang around like fools. You should've been on the lookout for someone or something, not directed at anyone in particular or not, just saying.

After that, we had TAC arrive, which wasn't requested. TAC officers serve double as patrol officers in the POVs which have been modded to be undercover police cars with detainee dividers. I gave the officers permission to respond in POVs, not in RRT. TAC would only ever respond upon COPA requesting TAC RRT respond, not all units. TAC is special.

Next thing is that we ended up going inside and someone got shot, still unsure of who, but someone was.. That was done by the Patrol OIC, so he's to blame for the shots, but still, given the direction the call went in, I'm not going to crucify him, or anyone for that matter, for the sole reason the call went bad, we all had our part. TAC calls are specially made, so that TAC gets to have fun, other times, you'll be fooling around, not having totally interesting calls, tis real life. Now, for TAC, and the entry team, you guys need to calm down a lot... The shots fired was very bad, and calls where TAC arrives tend to get ugly fast. We give you guns as defense, not as offense, so try to keep the injuries to a minimum. I'll be argued at for saying that, but regardless, you guys control the story, and there wasn't a need to end up quartered in a house in a standoff.

The next thing was the call died. I did comment once the entry side of things seemed to blow past before, and it needed to slow down, which didn't mean make it take 2 days, it just meant make it take more than 5 posts, have some detail, have fun with it. You spend half an hour planning in real life, well watching you guys plan is boring... In a book, there will be a chapter about the entry and a paragraph about the planning, so do it like that in the game too Smile

Now the recommendations I come bearing:
    First, we need to sort out the Command mess... On TAC specific calls (COPA will announce) TAC is in charge, otherwise, assume the Patrol OSC is in charge, or whoever is appointed as Scene commander. TAC never takes lead in a patrol given call. Just like I'm not putting Libor in charge at a TAC call. I don't care if it turns, you request to change command, you don't change it. I get lost, players get lost, and it gets bad.

Second, we need to worry about activity. I'll be completing an activity check within the next 24 hours, and everyone will be checked, so I expect to be able to determine leadership from there. I've had several people complain the TAC OIC isn't ever on, so I'm going to talk to him, but TAC seems to be an area slacking off. I'm going to look into it now, and see if it's just cursed, I need a new truck or what XD

Third, the part where I tell you what I'm going to do.. I didn't provide blueprints because this wasn't meant to run inside at all. It happened against my choosing, thus I provided no information. Never should police enter a house without some blueprints unless it's required. If COPA wants you to enter a place, blueprints of some sort will accompany. I promise. I won't get mad it didn't match my expectations, hell that is just there for fun, so you know what I thought I'd see

Basically, expect a PM shortly.
    Share this post on: reddit

M. Cressler

Post Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:11 pm by M. Cressler

as I read it this is what I saw......

Possible Attempted Murder by multiple Assailants 1206417568855

you took calm seas and drove to a hurricane...
    DCBurke

Post Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:16 pm by DCBurke

I think it's because when people see SWAT or in our case, TAC, they think, oh shit, this is gonna be some hard shit going down, and lock and load, and it goes to hell. Thats why I made it clear in the review, that TAC ISN'T JUST FOR TAC CALLS. THEY ARE PATROL OFFICERS AS WELL.. But just to reitterate, I used caps
    M. Cressler

Post Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:18 pm by M. Cressler

haha sadly I can't say i miss the PD side of things p.s. check your inbox for something
    J. Hannahan

Post Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:36 pm by J. Hannahan

I think they might need a new truck to boost morale or something XD. Anyway, I got confused looking at the call after a while. I was wondering how people got in even though the door was locked and where the assailants were and other things like that... I'm not trying to say anything bad about PD but the call was kinda bad but not too bad. Maybe someone should plan what everyone does over the radio more like what FD is to do now. Everyone will have their job and for the most part, carry it out as best as they can. Just my $0.02 here Smile.
    DCBurke

Post Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:42 pm by DCBurke

Right now I'm doing a roll call, waiting for people to respond, if they don't I'm removing them from their spot, so I can fill it in. If they do, then good on em.
    A.Halls

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:02 pm by A.Halls

We don't need a new truck, we need a clearer chain of command and doctrines on how to conduct various tasks.
    DCBurke

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:03 pm by DCBurke

I'm going to make chain of command very clear shortly
    J.Libor

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:17 pm by J.Libor

In defense of tac team, you did say " All Units". I would've responded the same as them. Maybe you should say "Be advised all patrols...". It would clear it up rather than all units.

Now the main problem I saw was confusion. People thought it was a murder, gang activity, etc. There was a wide range of what the call was. Therefore, people reacted differently, and in the process of finding a middle ground it turned into a cluster f***.

I think for a call like this, the inital dispatch needs to be more clear. From what you said it sounded like the guys were out front with guns ready to kill him. Also adding that you said be advised these guys will either die by police or go to jail no matter what.

The call should have been more like "Assualt in progress, large group attacking a single party." or "Large, threating group gathering." Then once en route advise us that the assualt is taking place.

Even though I know you want us to control the game, you still have to keep us in line with a more active dispach like in real life so we dont get people on scene thinking what is the call. (EX:Respond for a verbal dispute. then we get en route, and they start fighting, you say be advised it is now a physical altercation.)

I know for one I was very confused, especially since I couldn't get an address for the group. That made me sit back and see what other people thought was supposed to happen...
    DCBurke

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:39 pm by DCBurke

J.Libor wrote:In defense of tac team, you did say " All Units". I would've responded the same as them. Maybe you should say "Be advised all patrols...". It would clear it up rather than all units.
    True I'll be more descriptive later
    Now the main problem I saw was confusion. People thought it was a murder, gang activity, etc. There was a wide range of what the call was. Therefore, people reacted differently, and in the process of finding a middle ground it turned into a cluster f***.
    I understand that, I wanted to see where it would go, but i wasn't thinking the clusterfu*k would happen
    I think for a call like this, the inital dispatch needs to be more clear. From what you said it sounded like the guys were out front with guns ready to kill him. Also adding that you said be advised these guys will either die by police or go to jail no matter what.

The call should have been more like "Assualt in progress, large group attacking a single party." or "Large, threating group gathering." Then once en route advise us that the assualt is taking place.

Even though I know you want us to control the game, you still have to keep us in line with a more active dispach like in real life so we dont get people on scene thinking what is the call. (EX:Respond for a verbal dispute. then we get en route, and they start fighting, you say be advised it is now a physical altercation.)

I know for one I was very confused, especially since I couldn't get an address for the group. That made me sit back and see what other people thought was supposed to happen...

The dispatch was meant so it would turn into an altercation, violent but not to the point of gun standoffs. I wanted maybe a fighter, a fleeer, etc, I understand your guys troubles, and I apologize for that

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:09 pm