ERT RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ERT RPG

The home of the Emergency Response Team, the online text roleplaying game

Check out our site at ertrpg.net
We have moved to ertrpg.net
The move to IP.Board is HERE! The official move begins at approx 1930h GMT 25102011

Car Accident 05022011Echo Review

DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Car Accident 05022011Echo Review Empty Car Accident 05022011Echo Review

Post by DCBurke

05022011Echo
    Car accident
    LFA
    RA-1
    ALS-1
    All due

This review will include COPA's comments and report recommendations and clarifications to be followed by all persons. It will not include officer independant reviews.

The call was reported as having two casualties, one deceased, and one who is still in hospital now, and has been marked as stable.

I want to make reference to my big rules, which are following shift schedules, and use of POVs. First with shift schedules, only one person was allowed to respond in POV, the rest should've been at station, since it was a full staffed timed. That person was McEvoy as he was on leave due to his newborn child. Everyone else should've been at station, which would've meant there would've been the requested units plus McEvoy's POV. I counted several people skipping the station and going to the scene immediately. That's a no no. We are a paid department. Two reasons for this was people thought it'd be faster response, and the other was they missed the truck. Both are unacceptable. IF the truck is gone by the time you sign on, you're already on it, you just don't get to post your POV response. If you miss the truck, then you'll be fired, as this isn't a volunteer department where you get to pick what calls you respond to, or take your time and miss the truck, if you miss it, you'll come to my office, I'll take in your ID and we'll suspend you or fire you. When signing up to join the most elite department in the country, and possibly the world, you're expected to know how to handle basic functions, such as showing up to a fire, and are expected to commit to working the hours given.. If you stayed at a party instead of working your shift in real life, you'd be fired, or say you were on call, and you didn't respond to a call until halfway through because you were busy, or whatever, you'd get fired.

So quick remedy. If you're somewhere else in game life when the call comes in, you're assumed actually at the station. If you're not on in real life and miss the truck, you're still on scene, you jsut haven't posted yet.

That's it for my main problems. Just a reminder to TO's, give orders to everyone, so that if they don't show up, they aren't just being godmodded to do nothing, and if they do, they show up and have orders, instead of looking like a fool.

Now for Medical, remember in MCI, not low patient incidents, but mass counts, we use tagging systems, and remember to use patient count at the end of a post every time the patient is changed, from a new one found to one removed from the scene.

As for everyone, I'm going to reitterate that you must read. We had 5 people rescued from a 2 person accident.. Where did the three others come from? There is no excuse for that, so I'm going to start publically calling people out, and I WILL start punishing people for not reading. This is a text based game, so ask yourself this, would you play a graphics based game without the graphics? No. Then don't try to play a text based game without the text.
    Share this post on: reddit

M. Kaizer

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:19 pm by M. Kaizer

Just to specify:

The moment there are more casualties than there are people to treat them, you triage. Doesn't have to be an MCI.

In this case though, we had two medics from RA-1 and two casualties. IMO their triage decision was correct, you can't treat a guy with no pulse in a burning car. Better to focus on the other guy.
    DCBurke

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:24 pm by DCBurke

Well that's a given, but by MCI I meant when we have patients out numbering our paramedics, since techincally, at a fire scene, there are between 5 and 10 paramedics available, since RA-1 has 2, each truck is an ALS rig, with about 2 or 3 medics, and most men have EMT certs at least, so to outnumber our men, it'll more than likely be a MCI. But your underlined text is the same thing I was attempting to convey
    J. Hannahan

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:39 pm by J. Hannahan

I didn;t even notice the 5 people. I was focused on the person in the car and I thought everyone else was. PLEASE POST VIC COUNTS!!! That's my two dollars.
    Jack Anders

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:13 pm by Jack Anders

My two cents, I like the new post order, It allowed for people not on to still be doing something. Also it reduced confusion.
    C. Davis

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:43 pm by C. Davis

J. Hannahan wrote:I didn;t even notice the 5 people. I was focused on the person in the car and I thought everyone else was. PLEASE POST VIC COUNTS!!! That's my two dollars.
    Yeah same here. You're supposed to post vic counts right when you find the vic, not after he's treated or whatever. I didn't FIND the vics, I was just there. But for these calls, do we really have to post vic count when we already know how many vics there are?
    Bruce Beard

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:44 pm by Bruce Beard

a question for the vic count does every one have to post it at the end of there posts or just when ones found
    C. Davis

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:47 pm by C. Davis

Just when one's found.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:29 pm