ERT RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ERT RPG

The home of the Emergency Response Team, the online text roleplaying game

Check out our site at ertrpg.net
We have moved to ertrpg.net
The move to IP.Board is HERE! The official move begins at approx 1930h GMT 25102011

Drug Raid Assistance

DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Drug Raid Assistance Empty Drug Raid Assistance

Post by DCBurke

ERT Call 28092010
    Emergency assistance requested in a drug raid from Trulit Sherrif Department. ERT primary contact due to potential of crossing jurisdictions

Units or Task Forces onscene
    P-11, S-1. BLS-1, ALS-1. Patrol Units. TAC RRT.

Call
    The call was placed through to COPA at 0200h by the TSD requesting we assist with a drug raid. After a quick raid, the lab was shut down. A transport truck on it's way to Phoxlind was overturned when chased, and caught fire to surrounding brush, cuasing destruction of some evidence.

Three things I need to point out. The length of the call was WAY to long. Several weeks from the first alarm. No more. Second is that fire was a little sloppy and didn't post enough detail. Noted by FDOSC. PDOSC noted that the detail was also lacking. Please see both officer's reports in the call area for more information.

Overall, it was good, but too long. Call types from COPAS will be adjusted accordingly.

DCBurke
    COPA Main
    Share this post on: reddit

C. Davis

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:51 am by C. Davis

I must admit, looking back at our posts, we were very plain. We just said "FIRE'S OUT!" and didn't mention anything about laying a line and stuff. We did bad. Embarassed
    J. Bucello

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:32 am by J. Bucello

The raid was tough; we were standing outside waiting for an order that never came. Still, it's my fault for not being more specific in the arrests.
    A.Halls

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:50 am by A.Halls

We need to make the command structure and chain more structurized.
    Theres too much back and forth when a simple order from someone who is in charge.
    It's hard to tell at certain calls who is giving orders because it doesn't say anywhere...
    Z. Ridgeback

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:14 am by Z. Ridgeback

It seemed as though we were waiting for orders most of the time, like when I was done treating victims I asked COPA when EMS was cleared but that never came so I just had to leave when BLS 1 left.Also I think we should have COPA respond to more calls just as a general command unit.
    J. Hannahan

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:05 am by J. Hannahan

Gotta work on detail. Think of it like writing a book with a lot of details. Readers will get the picture if you explain whats happening. I try but then it gets confusing Razz. I'll try to visualize what's going on in my head.Other than that, It was a sorta good call.
    D.McGuire

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:07 am by D.McGuire

I do the same Hannahan. I try to picture it like I was on a real call. So Immediately, it's get the jumpbag out, and get a defibrillator just in case if it's a heart-related call. So, I do the same on ERT calls as if it was a real call.
    J. Hannahan

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:13 am by J. Hannahan

I can tell. Your posts are seriously long but is fun to read because it feels like i'm there XD. Imma try that stay doing one or two things every post like getting equipment then doing something else but all in the same post (basically no god modding).
    DCBurke

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:33 pm by DCBurke

COPA gives orders from a command post. Would you ask a dispatceher is okay to enter? No. That's what the OSC is for. There is always an OSC stated in the original post. If not, then assume the highest ranking officer is in charge. IF there is no higher ranking officer, such as for BLS and ALS command, then assume the senior officer. That's how I appoint my OSC's.

COPA on scene or at the building makes no difference in real life, since I still can only read the posts when I'm on. I work and sleep and have a life, and if I appointed a million dispatchers, for every call they were in charge of they could not watch them all, and I won't have more than one COPA contact per call, jsut to avoid overstepping limits.

As for leaving, I need to clarify. You only need to be cleared in one of three situations. A, HAZMAT/Prisoner Transport (in the case of PT for ems, you would check with police and advise COPA. PD will check with COPA if needed.). B, permanent leaving, such as P-11 returning to quarters, or C, if you have a large transport unit, such as a decon tent, a MCU, or a medivac. IF you are just going to the hospital with a patient, then you do not ask to leave, you advise we're leaving
    A.Halls

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:05 pm by A.Halls

I agree with you there Burke, I see now that Libor has gotten his Sergeant-title in his signature. That's nice, just what I mean. Smile
    It makes on scene command a lot easier to spot, and confusion can easily be avoided if OSC personell give clear orders and everyone on scene knows who their OSC is.
    OSC should also make (and continue making) instructive posts, giving specific orders to personell on scene, pr. player or team. I think this is especially important to us in the police section, as we do not always have specific tasks at hand on a scene compared to the FD and EMS, like pulling out hoseline and starting CPR etc.

That's my two cents. Smile
    All in all I think everyone on ERT is doing a good job, making each call fun and entertaining.
    DCBurke

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:01 pm by DCBurke

I had a supervisor before, but that didn't work out well, so this time, after careful process, I have indeed selected Joe Libor as the supervisor for PD, as a sgt rank, not the SUP rank just yet. During this time, he will also be in command of the PD patrol division as highest ranking officer
    J.Libor

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:00 pm by J.Libor

Who was the other supervisor before?
    J. Bucello

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:17 am by J. Bucello

Bridwell was the TAC OSC, but he got into a car accident before the mission finished. Crying or Very sad It's unfortunate, and it's also very confusing when we have no idea whether or not a person is able to take part in the call. Also, I'm fairly certain that the last supervisor left the ERT to join some other group.
    DCBurke

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:10 am by DCBurke

Yes he left.

As for that. If an officer is unable to make a call, due to an injury or whatever, then default to the OSC for that dept, or next highest rank/senior officer.

If you are waiting for them to arrive, just act is if youwere doing basic things on scene and they were there... If they don't show, then default down the line.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:36 pm