ERT RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ERT RPG

The home of the Emergency Response Team, the online text roleplaying game

Check out our site at ertrpg.net
We have moved to ertrpg.net
The move to IP.Board is HERE! The official move begins at approx 1930h GMT 25102011

+19
D. Lidner
J Fisher
D.McGuire
JessicaForsyth
sbooth
A. Botfish
A. O'Reilly
C. Jackson
D. Jackson
Bruce Beard
J. Hannahan
S. Morrigan
DCBurke
D. Lafferty
J.Libor
C. Davis
EwanRaven
M. Cressler
Jack Anders
23 posters

What just grinds your gears in RL

C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

What just grinds your gears in RL - Page 2 Empty Re: What just grinds your gears in RL

Post by C. Davis Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:13 pm

Yeah haha, I bet I can handle it. And Burke, did you really find a women stuffed in a suitcase?!
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

What just grinds your gears in RL - Page 2 Empty Re: What just grinds your gears in RL

Post by J. Hannahan Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:14 pm

Me too. Seen a guy coughing up a BUNCH of flem and I was holding the vomit bag when I was in the medic. Looked in there and nodded my head 'yes'. I was thinking, 'huh, pretty clear...is that a booger? No? ok no'. I looked deep inside and everything then gave it back to the guy who was supposed to hold it. Right after we got back to the station, I took off meh stethoscope and got me some mayonnaise, chips and finished off my sandwich. Ah good day. I didn't like the fact that when I was riding on the ambo an old lady asked me while I was taking her Blood glucose:
    Do you know what you're doing?
    I just looked up at her and smiled while one of my partners answered that question for me haha. Man I hate that when people see a kid doing things like this, they think they have no idea what they're doing.
    sbooth
    sbooth
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by sbooth Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:15 pm

haha me too, I could see the most disgusting thing and I will not throw up everyone else will but I wouldn't but if I go on a rollercoaster I would..... Weird but true, okay maybe I wouldn't throw up but ya know I would be very light headed.
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Same with me and heights. I can be up 420 ft on a rollercoaster, but when it comes to going up like 20 ft on something, I get all scared. Gotta face my fear haha, been trying to not get scared and it's working.
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:33 pm

C. Davis wrote:Yeah haha, I bet I can handle it. And Burke, did you really find a women stuffed in a suitcase?!

No the children did. Some messed up psychopath cut up his girlfriend, and threw her out in a suitcase behind her house, a couple kids playing in the area of woods behind her house(where she was dumped) found the suitcase and opened it, as children do, expecting nothing, but found several peices of a dead woman.. Pretty traumatising stuff

As for the rollercoaster stuff, I've only ever gotten so dizzy I've had trouble standing (that is without influence from substances Wink )
    I went to the carnival and the only rides left open were the ones that spin you repeatedly. I rode those for 2 hours, non stop, since it was wet and there was no lines. Long story short, I learned to take a break once in a while when doing that stuff Wink
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:34 pm

Haha, those are the best! You get pinned against the seat and it's so fun.
    sbooth
    sbooth
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by sbooth Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:36 pm

Wow around here if we find a suitcase we call bomb squad right away but considering the kids opened it and found that, that's awful I'm sure they still see that everyday
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:38 pm

It wasn't a breifcase, but instead just a standard discarded suitcase you use when you travel as your checked baggage. We don't call bomb squad unless it's suspicious, to see a wet, damp, or smelly discarded suitcase in the woods is common ground, people obviously find it too hard to throw the trash on the side walk to get picked up by the garbage trucks, so instead will go to the woods to dump it
    D. Lafferty
    D. Lafferty
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by D. Lafferty Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:41 pm

I work as a second job as a Ride supervisor at an Amusement Park here in Hot Springs. Called Magic Springs and Crystal Falls. It also has a water park attached to it. We recently promoted another supervisor. Well long story short, one of our technicians, her, and me had to climb to the top of our wooden coaster. Now, Jeff (tech) and myself didn't have a problem climbing up, but Amber (New Supervisor) was scared ****less, which some of the wooden steps we walk on buckle down and if it snaps you fall 100ft straight down. We had to wait for Amber at the top for about 10 mins.

And, i'm like everyone else I have a strong stomach. Nothing bothers me. I've had a patient puking their guts out in the back of the truck, then clear the hospital and go eat greasy cheeseburgers (YUM!!)
    sbooth
    sbooth
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by sbooth Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:46 pm

Do you live in a Big City DC? or a smaller town/city?
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:58 pm

Speaking of food, I like to eat healthy. Don't get me wrong, greasy food is good haha, but I still like my fruit and stuff better.
    D. Lafferty
    D. Lafferty
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by D. Lafferty Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:09 pm

I wish I could eat healthy. About the most healthy food I eat during my 48 or 72 hour shifts is subway. haha
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:11 pm

He's in Newfoundland I think so it would be pretty big am I right? Oh I don't know if I would be the ones to say this but Floan will be gone for a bit since he got a fire call like at 9:01 Eastern time so uhhhh yeah. I wanna see more guts but no head. IDK why. If your head popped off or looks worse than you're body when you're dead, leave me about 200 feet back. My friend went to a suicide call when a guy shot his face off but he was still living so imagine transporting that to the hospital. Guy killed himself when he got back out though.
    J Fisher
    J Fisher

Post by J Fisher Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:28 pm

You know what really grinds my gears in RL, when a mexican( no offence intended) pulls up next to you on the highway and wants to race you, man! on pulled up on my brother the other week and the damn V-TEC blew its motor trying to keep with in 100 feet of my brothers car
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:35 pm

You raced? I wanna do that one day. I want en Evo! Anyway, don't you hate when someone gets in front of you then slows down?!
    sbooth
    sbooth
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by sbooth Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:43 pm

haha Yes hannahan, I beep at them and if possible I pull into the other lane and go around them
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:05 pm

This is why I wish I had red.blue lights and an ms4000 siren. Scare em enough when cops aren't around and I could spot a cop a mile away (hidden talent) so I wouldn't get in trouble haha.
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:27 am

I live in a city with about 200,000 population for metro area, probably closer to a quarter million though.
    sbooth
    sbooth
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by sbooth Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:51 am

ahh i live with a pop around 700,000-750,000 people
    J Fisher
    J Fisher

Post by J Fisher Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:13 am

I've street raced off of a rolling start down the highway
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Sweet, I want an old muscle car like a Dodge Challenger or Chevy Chevelle or something like that.
    J Fisher
    J Fisher

Post by J Fisher Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:10 pm

Don't get one for your first car, that 454 or 443 will tear u a new one
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:38 pm

Yeah I know that, you can't drive them in the winter anyway so what's the point. Maybe in the future though!
    J Fisher
    J Fisher

Post by J Fisher Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:50 pm

You can drive any car at anytime if u actually know how to drive
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:06 pm

Here, even if you can drive amazing, you'll never take out your nice car in the winter unless it's neccessary for life because the salt WILL destroy it. Even if it only sits wet for 15 minutes at a time, every single time the car goes out, that'll kill it,
    Jack Anders
    Jack Anders
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Jack Anders Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:19 pm

we had a couple kids two years ago streetrace with their girlfriends, one lost control and went over a bridge onto RR tracks. The car landed on it's top and killed the two kids, the girl was one of our best atheletes. The kids in the other car also crashed shortly after, hit a mini van.... luckily no one was severly injured in that one. I guess thats kinda why I don't really care for the idea of street racing.

As for my dream vehicle it be a 2005ish ford Excursion limited. or a 2000 ford expidtion eddie bauer edition.... both red of course Smile

what grinds my gears? as many people have already stated:... People
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Post by M. Cressler Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:29 am

can i say how i love how were the people that go out and risk our necks for others but yet we all hate people.....
    D. Lafferty
    D. Lafferty
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by D. Lafferty Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:09 am

I wouldn't say we hate them. Because I don't, I've been on plenty of BS calls. And I will be on many more. Just part of the job. People will do stupid stuff. That's why we make fun of them and laugh about it, when it's 3:30 in the morning and were making the hour drive back to the station from the hospital.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:34 am

What grinds my gears is people who give their kids stupid names. I'm not talking about "boy named Sue" incidents either. I'm talking about people who have a kid, and can't come up with a name, so they throw together anywhere between 4 and 7 letters, and keep moving them around until it's something that can be said by the average person. Case in point: I ran into a girl who I had known in elementary school, and hadn't seen for probably close to 15 years. She had 3 kids, the boy was named Qale (pronounced like quail) and her baby girl was named Elaura (because Laura was too normal), and the older daughter was Zoie (the most normal of the 3 names). I asked her, point blank, what the fu*k she was thinking, and she replied "I wasn't, I was high on drugs for all 3"
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:57 am

There is this girl in my neighborhood (you won't believe this) and her name is Twomillion (I'm not sure if that's how you say it) Mercedes Dawson. I just said what the ****!!!!! Stupid parents man just plain freakin' stupid.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:03 am

I used to envy the kids that didn't have a middle name, for some reason I thought it was cool. Then I realized they don't have a middle name because their parents were too lazy and apathetic to care enough.

Twomillion? That's right up there with the jerk-offs that demand their wives name the kid ESPN, or the ding-a-lings that sell the naming rights on eBay.
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:13 pm

James Holden Hiscock
    A child born two years ago at the hospital here. Poor thing is a member of a catholic family. I'd kill my parents if they pulled that shit with me

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:22 pm

I'd pretty much have to hang myself if I was given a clusterfu*k name, or a name that was guaranteed to bring ridicule.
    A. O'Reilly
    A. O'Reilly
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by A. O'Reilly Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:19 pm

I have a friend whose last name is Goldman, and he swears that he's gonna name his kid Robert Peter Goldman. R.P.G.
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:19 pm

Haha, I hate crappy names. For example laquanda (yes there are many names in my neighborhood like that). I wanted her name to be unique is a very stupid excuse for names like that.
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:21 pm

I know, like actually my friend's mom was making fun of that. She's like, "They just change the pronunciation of words."

Last edited by C. Davis on Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    D.McGuire
    D.McGuire
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by D.McGuire Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:32 pm

5 New things.

1. People who complain about my music, then when I say the slightest negative thing about their music they get mad and defensive.

2. People who don't know how to go through a f***ing toll plaza on the highway, it really isn't that hard. You have to be a complete idiot to realize when you're 20 feet away from the plaza, that you're in the wrong lane and need to go to the other side.

3. People who suck at driving in general

4. Volunteers that are only firefighters to make themselves look cool and heroic. I just heard a story from somebody, about what a volunteer fire department did to her house for no reason. It's not even my house, but it made me really mad.

5. Spoiled kids. I saw a girl who couldn't be older than maybe 9 years old at a diner this morning, who what constantly on her phone. Why the F*** would a 9 year old need a cell phone? Hell, I could probably even live without a cell phone.

EDIT:
    And one more thing. People who don't understand the difference between "Reply" and "Reply to All" in an email sent out to a group of people.

Last edited by D.McGuire on Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : One more thing)
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:16 pm

1. People who complain about my music, then when I say the slightest negative thing about their music they get mad and defensive.
    My brother to a tee.

2. People who don't know how to go through a f***ing toll plaza on the highway, it really isn't that hard. You have to be a complete idiot to realize when you're 20 feet away from the plaza, that you're in the wrong lane and need to go to the other side.
    That's why in live in Newfoundland, no tolls
    3. People who suck at driving in general
    I am saving up for a car disabler EMP gun for those people Wink
    4. Volunteers that are only firefighters to make themselves look cool and heroic. I just heard a story from somebody, about what a volunteer fire department did to her house for no reason. It's not even my house, but it made me really mad.
    What's worse is the ones that become career emergency workers to say they are a career guy... Someone who wants the job for the right reasons could have that and be happy with the salary.
    5. Spoiled kids. I saw a girl who couldn't be older than maybe 9 years old at a diner this morning, who what constantly on her phone. Why the F*** would a 9 year old need a cell phone? Hell, I could probably even live without a cell phone.
    Obviously because she can't live without being in touch. I need my cell phone for work, and I use it for this site a lot as well, not totally neccessary though for anything other than work. Mind you it is a pretty neat tool that I enjoy greatly.
    EDIT:
    And one more thing. People who don't understand the difference between "Reply" and "Reply to All" in an email sent out to a group of people.
    Amen. Old people are the worse, along with all captial letters..
    Does anyone else notice that people above 40ish don't know how to type? It seems the vast majority use ... as opposed to a period. I always think they're mad at me! Sad
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:55 am

Haha good point.

Here's one: People that are driving in front of you and drive really slow. You pull up closer to them and they drive even SLOWER! It's just rediculous, how they try to piss you off just by driving slow. I was with my friends on the way to Chicago and his mom just passed up this guy that was like doing 10 MPH under the limit. It was funny.
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Post by M. Cressler Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:08 am

people that can't drive in rain!
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:09 am

Oh yeah! I mean, you can't hydroplane at 50 MPH, so why worry?
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:15 pm

I hate when people drive FASTER in the rain than when its dry...
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:39 pm

people who go way below the speed limit, ie 30 in a 50 zone, or 45 in a 70 zone, or the worst, 60 in a 100 zone... I think those people should be taken off the roads permanently as a hazard.
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:50 pm

Burke, they're usually old people.
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:46 pm

I wish, nowadays, it's everyone, from 16 (earliest age to get a licence) to elderly and everything in between
    J.Libor
    J.Libor
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Libor Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:55 pm

Maybe where you live lol. My friend and I were going 60 through our school parking lot racing another one of our friends.
    D. Lidner
    D. Lidner
    Posting Specialist
    Posting Specialist

Post by D. Lidner Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:45 pm

I hate people like me, dont dress nice, dont put effort into a lot of things, and complain about themselves, like me.
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:08 pm

No, mind you, we've still got people doing 150 in 30 zones, but there is both sides of the extremes in my area

And I think I'm changing your name to H. Caufield, instead of D. Lidner.. Razz Reference to a book... Anyone get it?
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:22 pm

So you hate yourself...?
    J Fisher
    J Fisher

Post by J Fisher Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:38 am

It just comes down to u have to be a patient driver instead of a jackass that trys to run people off the road

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:15 am