ERT RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ERT RPG

The home of the Emergency Response Team, the online text roleplaying game

Check out our site at ertrpg.net
We have moved to ertrpg.net
The move to IP.Board is HERE! The official move begins at approx 1930h GMT 25102011

2 posters

Johnson International Airport (JIA) General Aviation (GA) Ramp

D.McGuire
    D.McGuire
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Johnson International Airport (JIA) General Aviation (GA) Ramp Empty Johnson International Airport (JIA) General Aviation (GA) Ramp

Post by D.McGuire Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:15 am

The General Aviation side of the airport. 20 ramps for aircraft, 5 reserved for Eagle Flyers Flight School, 2 reserved for Phoxlind Air Tours, 3 reserved for small charter aircraft, 4 reserved for aircraft rentals from Phoxlind FBO (Fixed Base Operator), then 6 reserved for privately owned aircraft.

Eagle Flyers Flight School
    Learn to fly here
    Some of the world's best instructors in the industry

Phoxlind Air Tours
    Hour long sightseeing flights around the area. $50 for single, $100 for two people, $150 for 3, $200 for four (FOUR PASSENGERS PER AIRCRAFT)
    Phoxlind Air Tours owns two Baron 58s, seats 6 (Two crew, Four passengers)

Phoxlind FBO
    Everything a pilot could need right here. Break room, flight planning area, aircraft servicing/catering/cleaning. 3 Charter aircraft available (Price varies depending on # of passengers and distance), 4 rental aircraft. Reserve a charter/rental online or by phone.

JIA Aircraft Servicing & Repair
    Need an inspection, servicing, installation, or repair for your aircraft, bring it here! Prices vary depending on service on aircraft.
    D.McGuire
    D.McGuire
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Johnson International Airport (JIA) General Aviation (GA) Ramp Empty Re: Johnson International Airport (JIA) General Aviation (GA) Ramp

Post by D.McGuire Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:32 am

*I pull into the FBO parking lot get my flight bag, and step out, locking my car as I walk away*

'Hi, have you reserved an aircraft?'

'Yes, a received a 172R, just some VFR flying around the area.'

'Sounds great! Beautiful day for flying.'

*The lady at the desk hands me a small metal binder with time charts and the keys to the aircraft. I walk over to the planning area, print out he most recent weather, and grab an up to date chart for the area. I turn back towards the lady*

'I'm taking this chart, I'll pay for it when I get back.'

'No problem, have a great flight!

*I walk out to my aircraft, M172PD, check out the aircraft, after 10 minutes of walking around and checking everything, I get in. I get my chart and headset out of my bag. I plug it in, and put it on. I go to the starting procdeur checklist, I pump the throttle, turn on the fuel pump for a few seconds, then turn it off. I open the window*

'CLEAR PROP!'

*I turn on the Master switch, and turn the ignition to start, the prop starts up, and I tune to the ATIS. After writing down the information, and setting the altimeter to 29.95, I tune to ground*

"Phoxlind Ground, Cessna 1-7-2 Papa Delta, at the south tie-down, ready to taxi with information 'Hotel'."

'
    "2-Papa Delta, Phoxlind Ground, runway 2-3, taxi via bravo & alpha."

"Bravo and Alpha to 2-3, Cessna 2-Papa Delta'

*I taxi on Bravo, turn onto Alpha, then stop off to the side of the taxiway before the runway, I do my run up, then taxi to the hold short line and switch to Tower frequency.*

"Phoxlind Tower, Cessna 1-7-2 Papa Delta, holding short 2-3 at Delta for a East bound departure."

"Cessna 2-Papa Delta, hold short 2-3, traffic is a Continental 737 on final."

"Holding short 2-3."

*The 737 touches down, and exits the runway.*

"Cessna 2-Papa Delta, winds 210 at 10, cleared for take off runway 2-3. Caution wake turbulence."

"Cleared for take off runway 2-3, Cessna 2-Papa-Delta."

*I turn on the landing light and strobe light, turn the transponder knob to 'ALT', then pull onto the runway, and push the throttle in.*

*I lift off, begin ascending to 2,500 ft.*

"Cessna 2-Papa Delta, you are laving my airspace, frequency change approved, have a good flight."

"Frequency changed approved, thanks."

*I change the Comm 1 frequency to Phoxlind Approach, but stay under 3,000 ft so I remain out of their airspace*
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Johnson International Airport (JIA) General Aviation (GA) Ramp Empty Re: Johnson International Airport (JIA) General Aviation (GA) Ramp

Post by DCBurke Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:01 am

(Points to topic regarding rules for starting Buildings of interest) Will edit with actual name and information though
    D.McGuire
    D.McGuire
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by D.McGuire Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:05 am

(Sorry, just made it since the airport terminal topic is already there. Should we just merge the two, maybe?)
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:16 am

Yeah I'll work it out
    D.McGuire
    D.McGuire
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by D.McGuire Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:21 pm

"Cessna 2-Papa-Delta, cleared to land runway 23."

"Cleared to land Runway 2-3, Cessna 2-papa-delta."

*As I turn final I lower the flaps, and descend towards the runway. I touch down, let the aircraft slow down on it's own.*

"Cessna 2-papa-delta, turn taxiway Bravo, where are you going?"

"South tie down."

"Cessna 2-papa-delta, taxi to the south Tie Down via Bravo, remain this frequency."

"Taxiing via Bravo with you, 2-papa-delta."

*I taxi in, pull into the the ramp, and shut down the aircraft. I collect my stuff, then tie-down the plane. I record the times and walk in to the FBO*

*I give her the small binder, and pay for my new chart, walk out to my car and return home.*

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:16 pm