ERT RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ERT RPG

The home of the Emergency Response Team, the online text roleplaying game

Check out our site at ertrpg.net
We have moved to ertrpg.net
The move to IP.Board is HERE! The official move begins at approx 1930h GMT 25102011

5 posters

News Conference

DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

News Conference Empty News Conference

Post by DCBurke Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:54 pm

*I place my Class A jacket on over my pressed white dress shirt, covering the bandages barely, and I walk out to the front door, placing my Cover on my head as I approach the ERT Podium, in front of several ERT personnel in dress uniforms, as well as many members of the media*

'Thank you everyone for coming, I first wish to thank all the emergency service men and women for their recent efforts in this terrorist attack. I've received words for Supervisory Special Agent Fornell of the FBI that this was indeed a linked attack to the several other ERT attacks, such as the complex breaching, the attack on a dispatcher and several other smaller events that were linked. Plans from interrogations of the Anti-ERT group for this attack planned the car bomb that went off 28 March in the eraly hours of the morning was supposed to raise attention, so that when the explosions went off it would result in a high death toll of emergency service workers.

The initial incidiary bomb was supposed to have attracted fire service personnel, such as ERT and PFD, as well as neighbouring counties, in which a second "Shocker bomb was planted in the washroom, diffused by ERT HRES Bruce Beard. This bomb was meant to rock and destroy the building, killing all the firefighters within, and creating a debris radius to do severe damage to the surrounding area as well. Two other bombs were located, both being dirty bombs. The first was a car bomb meant to be a combination incindiary, dirty and shocker, to rock the area while creating a huge, toxic fireball. This was believed to have been targetted at the personnel in the area, as well as a chemical attack to the nearby water supply. The final bomb, a small version placed in a backpack was dropped outside of the front door, activated on a timer, and believed to have been a last ditch effort by the only remaining group member. After a breif struggle, myself and Paramedic Dave Lafferty were able to subdue the subject, as well with help from our Bomb Squad, handle the explosive device, saving many lives.'

'Now, for the first time since ERT was made into a Federal Agency, we are announcing the reinstatement of Service Awards available to ERT personnel. A number of awards will be issued to special services committed, however each person involved in this emergency will all receive a Phoxlind Attacks Service Bar, all black, with a red and blue line going across the middle. All persons who received injuries on this call that would normally constitute a purple heart are now being awarded a special crimson heart, denoted by an all crimson bar.'

*I usher forward the many persons receiving special awards, pin their pin on them and announce the name, award and reason.*
    HRES Bruce Beard, receiving the Medal of Valor, for remaining behind inside of the building and diffusing a bomb with less than 2 minutes remaining to detonation, while not being a member of our Bomb Squad.
    Paramedic Dave Lafferty, Receiving the Blue Line Award for his part in apprehention of the most wanted suspect responsible for these attacks, Also receiving the Combat Cross for proceeding to apprehend an armed and dangerous suspect, with no specialized training or equipment.
    Firefighter Florian Jansen TTO, Receiving Blue Line Award for his part in apprehention of the most wanted suspect, who was armed and dangerous in the area of the attacks.
    Lieutenant John Bucello, Receiving the Excellence in Duty award, for continuing support (and the news footage)
    (More officers to come. If someone was told they'd receive a bar or believe they should receive one other than the Attack ribbon, drop me a PM I'll do it up, the promotions and transfers will come in after this sometime tomorrow when I have more time)
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

News Conference Empty Re: News Conference

Post by DCBurke Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:58 pm

Also, Bucello will also have the alter ego of Greg Sinat (Sin-at) working for WPHX-TV9 Phoxlind Today News, and he will report on certain stories. This now gives Two reporters, Brad Kidvue and Greg Sinat..

PS A photo from current Stock Exchange. See Kidvue's News report
    News Conference Stockexchangebombed
    J. Bucello
    J. Bucello
    ERT Development Team
    ERT Development Team

Post by J. Bucello Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:43 am

Very Happy I appreciate the award!

Also, should I post a follow-up after report on the stock exchange bombing?
    F.Jansen
    F.Jansen
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by F.Jansen Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:48 am

'Thank you, Commissioner." I say with a smile and pose for a picture.
    D. Lafferty
    D. Lafferty
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by D. Lafferty Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:17 am

'Thank you, Commissioner.'

*I smile as best as I can for the picture still feeling uneasy*

*As were standing there I whisper into Burke's ear*

'Sir, you didn't have to do this. I was just doing my job'
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:02 am

Bucello, do a follow up report.

Please note more promotions are to come, I just didn't get everything one last night
    Bruce Beard
    Bruce Beard
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by Bruce Beard Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:34 pm

'Thank you sir'

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:22 am