ERT RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ERT RPG

The home of the Emergency Response Team, the online text roleplaying game

Check out our site at ertrpg.net
We have moved to ertrpg.net
The move to IP.Board is HERE! The official move begins at approx 1930h GMT 25102011

+2
T. Matthews
A. Botfish
6 posters

Morrington County Emergency Service

A. Botfish
    A. Botfish
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Morrington County Emergency Service Empty Morrington County Emergency Service

Post by A. Botfish Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:34 pm

We are looking for more members on another RPG. Here is the link LINK REMOVED

Last edited by DCBurke on Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Link removed, as this is fighting for a too small market, which will kill both sites.)
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Morrington County Emergency Service Empty Re: Morrington County Emergency Service

Post by T. Matthews Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:16 pm

did you get approval from burke???
    Jack Anders
    Jack Anders
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Morrington County Emergency Service Empty Re: Morrington County Emergency Service

Post by Jack Anders Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:21 pm

I'm going to say this again, my opinion only... Lets not create compition for the ERT, this way we can get a more solid base here. It's not a huge market for TRPGers.
    J.Floan
    J.Floan
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by J.Floan Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:51 pm

Im all for other departments I mean thats how we Real Firefighters work. its called Mutual Aid. but when members leave on LOA's only to go post activly on other sites that isnt cool. that is lying.

I mean just be honest if you are gonna go post up somewhere else then say it rather than how school is starting and ur not gonna be around as much then go tear ass for another RPG site lolol.

And I do agree we need a much more solid base here. then lets focus on expansion and bring the engines and Towers, medics, squads from the other area into play I think that would be freaking great. If it is a question of starting another site just to be a moderator or an Officer. believe me as rewarding as it is here and in RL to lead it is also veyr difficult. you gotta keep ALOT of people happy to keep them active. its not as easy as wow now i have a red cover and people will listen, follow and trust me.... but that is my 2 cents, rather than start something else, work on what we have and i say WE because WE ALL have helped to build this site to what it is now.
    A. Botfish
    A. Botfish
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by A. Botfish Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:07 am

Yeah, I just check both RPGs. People can do what ever they want. They should still stay on ERT. But, if they have time they can do both!
    T. Matthews
    T. Matthews
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by T. Matthews Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:56 am

floan, you owe me for reading all of that lol
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:08 am

Here's what I'm doing, and it's going to be a new rule, to end this debate for future reference.

If you want to advertise your game, you must contact me first, and we'll arrange something, post it yourself, and I'll delete it and restrict your posts for an undefined amount of time.

As for this one? I'm removing the link, and asking people to stop posting ERT copies up. I don't care if it's like ERT but different, here's the thing, this is a tiny market, and you will not thrive with competition. It's better to combine and thrive, then divide and fail. That's what's happening now. I couldn't care less if the other site was up and it had no effect whatsoever on this one, but realistically, you cannot give 110%, it's impossible, so you have to divide your focus, and if you're focusing on being an officer, or someone running another site like this, then that will consume your time and you won't be active here. I have tried other RPGs and just went inactive, because I was busy here.

And I've seen a helluva lotta inactivity here, and quite frankly it looks poorly on if you wanna be an officer one day. I don't want people being officers if I see them every once in a while. Personally, I'd prefer this didn't exist, but no I cannot shut it down. It's a huge screw around to have to fight for 20 people with two sites, it just causes both to fail. I've been there and done that one too many times, and I like ERT and I know you guys do too, so instead of leaving to create your own ERT or something like it or make a change or whatever, then bring what you've got to me, and we'll implement it some how.

Any questions can be asked here, but no more advertising this, and I do not support it in any way. It's killing ERT. More people have gone inactive since these have started, or their activity has way declined, which will kill us.
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:10 am

T. Matthews wrote:did you get approval from burke???
    No he did not, actually I do believe I asked this not to be posted before.

A. Botfish wrote:Yeah, I just check both RPGs. People can do what ever they want. They should still stay on ERT. But, if they have time they can do both!

Some people can do that yes, but most don't, and t shows. I'm going through the rosters, as well as checking out the site, and if I see someone is inactive here, but active there, I will not promote them to anything here, and they'll stay their rank. I only promote those I can expect on often, not popping in to see if they have a call
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:02 pm

((FYI, I was unaware of this topic until Botfish told me about it!))

Burke, I was considering shutting mine down because people that were inactive on here are just as inactive on my site. BTW I tell everyone to join ERT if they find mine, and normally they join both. I don't have any member that's not on here.
    A. Botfish
    A. Botfish
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by A. Botfish Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:31 am

My bad. I didn't know this was gonna cause so much fighting. I don't want anyone to leave ERT. Embarassed
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:28 am

I don't want to make people feel bad, I just don't want to lose ERT I know I've put lots of work in to this, and I know you have all too, and it's really fun. I'd just hate to lose it, not only for me, but for you guys too, since you love it as well
    A. Botfish
    A. Botfish
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by A. Botfish Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:43 am

Yeah. Sorry.
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:08 am

DCBurke wrote:I don't want to make people feel bad, I just don't want to lose ERT I know I've put lots of work in to this, and I know you have all too, and it's really fun. I'd just hate to lose it, not only for me, but for you guys too, since you love it as well
    Agreed, ERT is more developed and it is very fun. I just made MCES just as another little side hobby, where you can experiance a more laid-back emergency roleplay.
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:59 pm

If this is considered too uptight, then bring it to me, either through personal message, or anonymously on the formspring. I want to know these things to make it better

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:26 am