ERT RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ERT RPG

The home of the Emergency Response Team, the online text roleplaying game

Check out our site at ertrpg.net
We have moved to ertrpg.net
The move to IP.Board is HERE! The official move begins at approx 1930h GMT 25102011

MVA

DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

MVA  Empty MVA

Post by DCBurke

ERT Call 072610
    Two vehicle MVA

Units or Task Forces on scene:
    Lightforce 1
    ALS-1
    BLS-1
    Patrol Cars 6
    DC-1

Call
    arrived after DC Burke witnessed a head on collision at 10:42am on the Trulit Interpass. Vehicle with deaths pulled a U-turn and slid out in front of the other car, a pole found in the trunk, believe to be on car dash was the driver's killer. Police, EMS and LF-1 dispatched immediately as DC tended to scene.

One death caused by flying pole, one major injury, two minor. No personnel injuries. Major
    injury transported code 3 in ALS-1. Minor treated in BLS-1 and refused further treatment. Death was removed from scene by coroner.

Fire were very immature. On a call you don't talk about taking the ERT response vehicle to McDonalds! All personnel caught acting this way will be spoken with by district commissioner, and notes will be made in any further promotion considerations. When on a call, you are not in the break room! All units caught posting in the break room while at a call will be demoted or put back to cadet status.

-DCBurke
    District Commissioner Burke, COPA Main. First Responder.
    Share this post on: reddit

M.Daniels

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:20 pm by M.Daniels

Sorry DC Burke we were just having some fun, It won't happen again.
    J. Hannahan

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:06 pm by J. Hannahan

Yeah. I'm sorry too. I've seen some firefighters actually saying something about going to restauraunts while going on a call. I thought it was alright. You have my word, it won't happen again.
    DCBurke

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:17 pm by DCBurke

It's not the matter of it happening in real life, it's professionalism, you guys are top notch firefighters, so act that way
    J. Hannahan

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:23 pm by J. Hannahan

DCBurke wrote:It's not the matter of it happening in real life, it's professionalism, you guys are top notch firefighters, so act that way
    YES SIR. (in all seriousness)
    EwanRaven

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:22 pm by EwanRaven

What about OOC in the break room, example someone posted something before the call and the call won't be cleared for a few dayss, also I haven't read it, but guys, be realistic, you take the fire department SEV to McDonalds, that way you can go throguht the drive through. Duh! (jk)
    J.Libor

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:44 am by J.Libor

To me the call feels incomplete, there was little on scene treatment, and it feels that for a fatal crash there should be more investigation. It felt very incomplete and unrealistic.

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:10 am by Guest

Sorry DCBurke, it will never happen again. This crash was fatal, so we should've been very professional and serious. Embarassed
    C. Davis

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:42 am by C. Davis

Yes, we were childish. As a Paramedic, I should've looked at the victim to see f I could find what happened.
    D.McGuire

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:28 am by D.McGuire

I feel that during that call, I may have rushed it a little bit from the start with the treatment of the first two victims. Then after I treated them, I wasn't much help.
    EwanRaven

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:48 pm by EwanRaven

Time matters you did the right thing.
    C. Davis

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:13 pm by C. Davis

I kinda missed the whole thing.
    J. Hannahan

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:25 pm by J. Hannahan

It was good while it lasted though (to keep it on a good note). Smile

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:29 pm