ERT RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ERT RPG

The home of the Emergency Response Team, the online text roleplaying game

Check out our site at ertrpg.net
We have moved to ertrpg.net
The move to IP.Board is HERE! The official move begins at approx 1930h GMT 25102011

+3
EwanRaven
DCBurke
F. Garcia
7 posters

Fire Department Pointers and Knowledge base

Poll

Is this useful?

[ 10 ]
    Fire Department Pointers and Knowledge base - Page 2 Bar_left83%Fire Department Pointers and Knowledge base - Page 2 Bar_right [83%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Fire Department Pointers and Knowledge base - Page 2 Bar_left17%Fire Department Pointers and Knowledge base - Page 2 Bar_right [17%] 

Total Votes: 12
    Poll closed
    F. Garcia
    F. Garcia
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Fire Department Pointers and Knowledge base - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire Department Pointers and Knowledge base

Post by F. Garcia Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:48 pm

w00t! copa approves! Very Happy
    EwanRaven
    EwanRaven
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Fire Department Pointers and Knowledge base - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire Department Pointers and Knowledge base

Post by EwanRaven Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:53 pm

Hey on the turnout coat, I don't know about LAFD's turnouts but ours have some sort of elastic material under the neck flap that you can pull on so if you get injured it's easier to pull the firefighter out.
    F. Garcia
    F. Garcia
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by F. Garcia Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:54 pm

No, we don't. I'll post pics of mine.
    EwanRaven
    EwanRaven
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by EwanRaven Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:55 pm

YOu could die then! =-0
    Ours do, It's fun to sit on the coat and have someone drag you around.
    F. Garcia
    F. Garcia
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by F. Garcia Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:02 pm

hahaha, we won't die o:
    EwanRaven
    EwanRaven
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by EwanRaven Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:28 pm

Well if you know who the ringleader is, who swapped your gear long ago, tape a cup cake in his or her helmet.
    F. Garcia
    F. Garcia
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by F. Garcia Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:08 pm

hahaha, that's a good idea
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:10 am

Guy, note I'll have the ERT gear up shortly !
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:53 am

Oh good about the ERT gear. I thought I would need to photograph my gear. Surprised
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:22 am

Finally! I could learn some medicl stuff so I don't have to PM Ewan every time I need to treat someone! lol!
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:31 am

Nice asset.
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:37 am

I agree. I still don't know what drugs to use and stuff.
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:44 am

You'll get it but sadly there are a lot of them.
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:53 am

There's ones for pain, burns, more pain, sickness, and everything else.
    J. Hannahan
    J. Hannahan
    Post Master General
    Post Master General

Post by J. Hannahan Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:59 am

It doesn't actually sound like much.
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:18 pm

You know what I mean. There are a lot.
    F. Garcia
    F. Garcia
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by F. Garcia Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:25 am

C. Davis wrote:Finally! I could learn some medicl stuff so I don't have to PM Ewan every time I need to treat someone! lol!
    lol, if you have msn I can help you too. xD
    C. Davis wrote:I agree. I still don't know what drugs to use and stuff.
    If you have msn, I can help you with drugs, it's extremely hard, haha.
    J. Hannahan wrote:You'll get it but sadly there are a lot of them.
    We still forget some drugs, but we always quiz each other to remember them, because there's no possible way to remember every little detail without a lot of practice and constantly using it and saying it.
    C. Davis wrote:There's ones for pain, burns, more pain, sickness, and everything else.
    There's not drugs for all of that, haha. If there was, I wouldn't have a drug box, i'd have 4 extra large suitcases full of drugs.
    J. Hannahan wrote:It doesn't actually sound like much.
    There's a lot of drugs. Also dosage amounts to add on top of that. And then remembering which does what. Like me retardedly giving epi to a guy without 1/2 his head. but then again, in our protocol we resuscitate until either a family member says no or it's called in. Violent people aren't fun. But just to remember, Epinephrine 1:1000 is used in asystole, there's other drugs for it too, but don't gotta get all complex. >.>
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:42 am

I don't have an MSN, I just have an AIM and the PMs here.
    F. Garcia
    F. Garcia
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by F. Garcia Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:09 pm

ahh. get msn/windows live messenger xD makes things 100000x easier. I help mitch out with stuff over it.
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:20 pm

I'll look into it.
    M.Daniels
    M.Daniels
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by M.Daniels Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:19 pm

Yep sometimes I am stuck with what to say so Garcia helps me!
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:00 pm

He seems like a nice, helpful guy.
    F. Garcia
    F. Garcia
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by F. Garcia Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:48 pm

C. Davis wrote:He seems like a nice, helpful guy.
    I am if you give me a chance Razz oh, wait, your not on my engine. NO HELP!!!! jk. If you need help just get msn and I'll answer any questions ya have Very Happy
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:56 pm

I'll try.
    F. Garcia
    F. Garcia
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by F. Garcia Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:25 am

From now on, please put all off topic conversations in the other conversation area or in the break room. If you have questions about any equipment or anything, please ask. I will answer them as soon as possible. Thanks Smile
    F. Garcia
    F. Garcia
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by F. Garcia Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:54 pm

Updates:
    Forcible entry/Partial rope section completed
    Foam
    Fire classification! Very Happy

C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:45 pm

Thanks! I always wondered about the fire and foam classes! afro
    F. Garcia
    F. Garcia
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by F. Garcia Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:46 pm

C. Davis wrote:Thanks! I always wondered about the fire and foam classes! afro
    Your welcome Very Happy I have 5 pages of notes about extinguishers if you guys are interested in knowing more about AFFF, clean agents and the now unused HALON 1211, haha.
    M.Daniels
    M.Daniels
    ERT nut
    ERT nut

Post by M.Daniels Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:29 am

Haha Garcia, that would be interesting though!
    F. Garcia
    F. Garcia
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by F. Garcia Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:43 am

M.Daniels wrote:Haha Garcia, that would be interesting though!
    I'll post a small section on it, usually we're called in for large fires, so it would very rarely be used, unless it's like a fire in a lab with delicate equipment.

Seat jobs are now up Smile
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:45 am

Cool! Very informational. I think the police are jealous of us! Very Happy
    F. Garcia
    F. Garcia
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by F. Garcia Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:21 pm

C. Davis wrote:Cool! Very informational. I think the police are jealous of us! Very Happy
    I think their the ones clicking "no" on the poll, haha. Very Happy

You ladder guys should set up seating arrangements Very Happy
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:55 am

We did. Lt. McEvoy did it. I'm the Medic, Ewan's HRES and driver, and McEvoy's officer. I'm all alone in the back! Sad
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:30 pm

Keep in mind, though it's nice to have set seats, if we'll need an hres right off the truck, he can't be driving. The driver ahs to make sure the truck ain't going anywhere, therefore you'd be driving. Just like say there was a medical aid, and you only have one medic on board, the medic can't drive. Sometimes you NEED to switch seating arrangements, elsewise, COPA will come down and lay out ones for you, that you must follow, which is a pain in the ass. I think you're smart enough to do your own
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:57 pm

So as of right now, Ewan's still the driver. But if there's a HAZMAT incident, than I drive.
    F. Garcia
    F. Garcia
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by F. Garcia Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:48 am

DCBurke wrote:Keep in mind, though it's nice to have set seats, if we'll need an hres right off the truck, he can't be driving. The driver ahs to make sure the truck ain't going anywhere, therefore you'd be driving. Just like say there was a medical aid, and you only have one medic on board, the medic can't drive. Sometimes you NEED to switch seating arrangements, elsewise, COPA will come down and lay out ones for you, that you must follow, which is a pain in the ass. I think you're smart enough to do your own
    Truck is always hard, engine is basically emts and paramedics, so it's not a huge deal. Truck always has a few issues. Anyways, monitor has been added because I've noticed someone must have stolen an AED from a public library or something. jk. This way you get why we only grab a monitor and not the annoying AED that doesn't tell you anything that pretty much isn't obvious. >.> medics will use the defibrillator, because they pretty much just took it out of the EMT's training, and you guys were using an AED. ((EMT's are becoming more and more restricted every few months. King airways were taken out, defibrillators, who knows whats next?))
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:26 am

What's the difference between an AED and a monitor?
    F. Garcia
    F. Garcia
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by F. Garcia Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:22 pm

AED, or Automated External Defibrillator, is what you find in malls or at libraries. It gives voice commands, it doesn't give you a heart beat or give you leads to work with. And it has annoying voice commands. A monitor gives you everything. Allows you to choose the power of the shock, and doesn't have annoying voice commands. As well as it reads the electrical signals of the heart, puts it on a screen, and can diagnose a heart condition you can't see.
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:28 pm

Oh OK. My school just got an AED. I guess it's cheaper than a monitor.
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:29 pm

Not this price, it's the usage. An AED can be used by almost anyone. It tells you what to do, a defib doesn't
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:39 pm

Oh. My school's holding a class for teachers about how to use it.
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:46 pm

It's basically useable by anyone, but if you know how to use it, you'll function with it a billion times better
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:48 pm

Of course. What kind of drugs do we carry on the rigs?
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:49 pm

Most every drug you'll find in a normal ALS ambulance. I don't have the time or patience to list them all off, but if a paramedic can issue it, and it's used on an ALS rig, I've made sure it will be stocked on this one.
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:52 pm

Good to know. When I'm treating someone, I just say that I'm treating them until furthur instructed, not "Applying saline solution and rinsing with alchohol."
    F. Garcia
    F. Garcia
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by F. Garcia Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:59 pm

C. Davis wrote:Oh OK. My school just got an AED. I guess it's cheaper than a monitor.
    Monitors are for EMT's and paramedics, not by standards.
    C. Davis wrote:Of course. What kind of drugs do we carry on the rigs?
    Don't worry about it, EMT's aren't allowed to use drugs.
    C. Davis wrote:Good to know. When I'm treating someone, I just say that I'm treating them until furthur instructed, not "Applying saline solution and rinsing with alchohol."
    Medics will do I.V's too, unless you've had r.l training in it. ^_^
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:25 pm

Yeah, I want to go for my Paramedic certs soon.
    F. Garcia
    F. Garcia
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by F. Garcia Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:29 pm

C. Davis wrote:Yeah, I want to go for my Paramedic certs soon.
    Do you know how to do calls without help from Ewan? And because you constantly keep mentioning it, do you know drugs and the dosages to give?
    C. Davis
    C. Davis
    Chief of Posting
    Chief of Posting

Post by C. Davis Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:58 am

Well see, on the last calll, I did everything myself. And since ALS-1 was on scene, I didn't really have to worry about the medical stuff. No, I don't really know a lot about the drugs, but I can Google it. I might rather go for my HAZMAT training or something like that.
    F. Garcia
    F. Garcia
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by F. Garcia Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:07 am

C. Davis wrote:Well see, on the last calll, I did everything myself. And since ALS-1 was on scene, I didn't really have to worry about the medical stuff. No, I don't really know a lot about the drugs, but I can Google it. I might rather go for my HAZMAT training or something like that.
    For the Paramedic, I'm going to set up a class for it when we start getting everyone with their EMT more experienced and if they want to jump up, but it's going to be a hard class. I don't want everyone having to rely on google, so I'm only going to go through the drugs that are most commonly drugs. Also patient care will be a big one. It's not simple, it's going to be a lot of scenarios and how you apply what you learned, and then I decide if you pass or fail, but that will be later on down the road. For now I'm getting people up to EMT-B and get the basics down and minor patient care stuff. Got to get it down, because in the field we can't use google to decide what to give Wink lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 7:15 pm