ERT RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ERT RPG

The home of the Emergency Response Team, the online text roleplaying game

Check out our site at ertrpg.net
We have moved to ertrpg.net
The move to IP.Board is HERE! The official move begins at approx 1930h GMT 25102011

4 posters

ALS and BLS ambulance equpment

M. Kaizer
    M. Kaizer
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

ALS and BLS ambulance equpment Empty ALS and BLS ambulance equpment

Post by M. Kaizer Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:30 am

Found this list of what equipment should be in a ALS ambulance, or any ALS resource for that matter. Thought we could use it for a template, or people can just use it for reference. Go here to find it, it's a PDF file.

BLS would be the same, without intubation equipment, drugs and IV. And maybe a AED instead of the 12-lead one.

EDIT: Found another list here which lists both ALS and BLS gear, plus some other information.
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

ALS and BLS ambulance equpment Empty Re: ALS and BLS ambulance equpment

Post by DCBurke Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:04 am

These are all good thigns to have as reference points. ERT has all the best equipment since we're paid for by big tax dollars, and I like my base best, so I ensure we're on top with everything.

It's always nice to have a peice of material to reference for how to act, what to do, etc. etc. That way posts flow and the story looks nice
    M. Kaizer
    M. Kaizer
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by M. Kaizer Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:12 am

Yeah, it's nice to know exactly what gear you have to work with, especially if you don't have a RL medical background.
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Post by M. Cressler Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:57 am

I figure this sorta fits here random question....do the jump bags have those little crappy CO2 monitors on them some departments have? You know just in case you get a call and you walk into the house and the CO2 alarms goes off because a lot of houses even though they should don't have CO2 alarms and that can sometimes be the cause of there problems without them knowing...just wondering we had them on our bags but we don't make enough income to keep replacing them since there usually just clipped onto the jump bag they get beat around pretty bad.
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:39 am

All trucks have CO monitors... CO2 isn't the harmful one CO is. The monitors are smaller and they are usually attached to important equipment, such as jump bags. They are ruged though as to prevent them from being beaten to crap
    M. Cressler
    M. Cressler
    Major Poster
    Major Poster

Post by M. Cressler Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:42 am

I haven't slept in a over 24hrs haha CO is what i meant even though CO2 is dangerous but it's not what your going to find when you walk into a house haha...and our were rugged to...or so the company said...
    DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DCBurke Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:47 am

Well we're a federal agency, so we can afford the good stuff
    C. Hutchison
    C. Hutchison
    Master Poster
    Master Poster

Post by C. Hutchison Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:31 am

Actually if we have the best stuff, just put it on the cardiac monitor, the LP 15, the newest monitor on the market, has an optional attachment for CO moitoring, ETCO2 mointoring, Temperature, NIBP, SPO2, and defib/sync cardioversion/pacing paddles/pads. Also comes with AED operations, which is nice for BLS to have the LP 15 on board. Then if they have a pedi patient, according to my home protocols anyway, they can select the energy based on weight and shock them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:08 am