ERT RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ERT RPG

The home of the Emergency Response Team, the online text roleplaying game

Check out our site at ertrpg.net
We have moved to ertrpg.net
The move to IP.Board is HERE! The official move begins at approx 1930h GMT 25102011

Hit And Run Overview

DCBurke
    DCBurke
    Admin
    Admin

Hit And Run Overview Empty Hit And Run Overview

Post by DCBurke

ERT Call 27102010
    Emergency alert for Hit and Run reported by officer on patrol

Units or Task Forces onscene
    S-1, ALS-1, PC's

Call
    PC -8 respond from initial patrol, spotting a crowd gathering, when body found, COPA was contacted and EMS was dispatched. In waiting for EMS, school Nurse from just down the street was called up to assist. Susepct chased and arrested. Victim treated at ERT hospital with injuries not considered life threatening

Overall, it was good, I noticed very few problems.

DCBurke
    COPA Main
    Share this post on: reddit

C. Davis

Post Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:44 pm by C. Davis

Wow, we're on a roll! We've been doing well so far and still making up for that drug truck accident call.
    DCBurke

Post Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:13 pm by DCBurke

Yes, I am making note of all the calls that go well.. Hopefully soon we'll be able to run a large scale call
    C. Davis

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:39 am by C. Davis

Yeah, I think we're getting close. As long as everyone READS THE CALL and knows what they're doing, it's possible.
    DCBurke

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:41 am by DCBurke

For sure, I'm letting units do training on the Training Strip on complex, to try and figure out team work. It's fine to mess up training, real life is a no no though.

The training strip is a 100ft concrete runway-like strip, where we can not only cut up cars, but crash cars, simulate spike strip training, and also do medical excersizes. This is a small amount compared to what the TA has on base.
    J.Libor

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:07 am by J.Libor

Maybe if we make tactical channels for fire/Ems then one for pd like the one with accident/ warrant call.
    A.Halls

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:31 am by A.Halls

J.Libor wrote:Maybe if we make tactical channels for fire/Ems then one for pd like the one with accident/ warrant call.

I like this suggestion, but how would you do that?
    Do you mean making separate topics in the Operational Area-forum designated as Fire/EMS Tactical and Police Tactical?
    J.Libor

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:42 am by J.Libor

For large calls yes. There would be a main channel: example accident/warrant. Then one called fire channel-accident and one called police tac channel.
    C. Davis

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:08 am by C. Davis

Well yeah, but then the police and fire/ems wouldn't be "on the same page." Things would be off track.
    DCBurke

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:58 pm by DCBurke

That's my exact problem, it's hard to keep track of a call if you can't see what's happening with everyone else. Multiple channels were tried before and failed horribly.. .They need to be layed out by COPA in such a way that makes it very clear
    A.Halls

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:46 pm by A.Halls

C. Davis wrote:Well yeah, but then the police and fire/ems wouldn't be "on the same page." Things would be off track.

Thats true, cross-communication would probably be difficult that way.

DCBurke wrote:That's my exact problem, it's hard to keep track of a call if you can't see what's happening with everyone else. Multiple channels were tried before and failed horribly.. .They need to be layed out by COPA in such a way that makes it very clear

I think people need to be more specific on how they communicate.
    In some posts it's hard to distinguish radio and "local" communcation, between persons on scene etc.
    DCBurke

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:28 pm by DCBurke

Radio is " "
    Person to person ie not radio is ' '
    A.Halls

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:40 am by A.Halls

DCBurke wrote:Radio is " "
    Person to person ie not radio is ' '

If that is the case I've been doing it wrong myself all the time, so maybe I'm not one to talk. ^^

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:47 am